How to get your COVID-19 vaccination in North Tyneside
All adults over 18 are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination and are urged to book as soon as they can. Thousands of appointments are available in community locations across North Tyneside.
In North Tyneside all residents under 40 years of age will be offered the Pfizer vaccine. On the National Booking System, you will only be offered appropriate sites to book for your circumstances.
If you have already had your first dose please keep your existing second dose appointment and attend as planned.
To access a second dose walk-in service, make sure you attend a site which is administering the same vaccine as the first dose you received. You have to wait at least eight weeks between first and second dose for cohorts 1 – 12.
You must not be COVID-19 positive, have any symptoms or not told to isolate due to COVID-19. If you've had a positive COVID-19 test, you should wait four weeks from the date you had the test before you book an appointment.
There are two different types of vaccination services available in North Tyneside, bookable appointments and walk-in services:
Walk-in vaccination services
You do not need an appointment to attend. If you have your NHS number that would be helpful. You can find this on any letter or document you have received from the NHS, including prescriptions, test results and hospital referral letters or via the NHS App.
- Walk in – no appointment needed
- Anyone in the latest eligible groups
- Live or work in North Tyneside
- Some community pharmacy sites offer first and second doses. Check what the site offers below before you attend
View in calendar app (download ics file)
How to change or cancel a COVID-19 vaccination appointment
If you booked your vaccine through the National Booking System
You will need:
- The reference number for the vaccine booking you want to change
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your postcode
- It’s a bit easier if you know your NHS number but it’s not essential – you can find your NHS number on the NHS App
- Go to the National Booking System OR you can phone 119, between 7am – 11pm
- Click manage my appointments
- You will need to CANCEL your booking BEFORE you can get a new appointment
- Enter your personal details
- Select a location and date that works for you. If the choices are limited you can try again later as more appointments are added during the day
COVID-19 status verification
- GP practices CANNOT provide you with vaccination status certification
- Proof of vaccination status will be done via the existing NHS app (this is not the same as the NHS COVID-19 app)
- You can download and register the app to view your vaccination status
- You can also call 119 if you need a letter for foreign travel
- We ask that you don’t call your GP practice about this, as our practices are unable to assist with this